1.6
Additional Fees

Many health insurance companies seem to be able to profit well in business because they shirk their responsibilities and lie, lie, lie!

Bear in mind this example has to do with Coventry, but I don't see that their behavior is any more heinous or morally reprehensible than the behavior of other companies. My statements are a reflection on the industry as a whole, and I am not singling out a particular insurer as the sole 'bad guy.' What we have in the industry is whole barrel full of proverbial rotten apples who are doing their level best to keep the doctors away!

I have had coverage with Coventry's competitors, and each of them has been guilty of one ridiculous, illogical, incompetent or mean-spirited thing or policy at one time or another, including perhaps the most ridiculous instance that occurred over a decade ago: agreeing to pay for a tetanus shot after an injury, but refusing to pay for the syringe and needle needed to give the injection and refusing the fee the clinic charged for the nurse to give it! I look back on that idiocy now and can laugh, but what health insurers are doing to people these days is no laughing matter!

When I was still covered under Coventry a while back, they refused to pay for an echocardiogram that they deemed was unnecessary (despite a prior diagnosis of mitral valve prolapse and swelling of the legs). I didn't press the issue, figuring that if the symptoms got much worse and serious enough so that I landed in the ER, I would probably get the test done then. By God's grace, and through much prayer, it didn't --Thank you God! -- that it never got to that point.

They've also refused to pay for certain medications, too.

I have come to the conclusion that these companies are run by bean-counters --not genuine health care professionals! The folks holding the purse strings at these companies probably wouldn't know Truth if it slapped them in the face (and perhaps it ought to!).

We need to become politically astute and active to get the right kinds of laws in place to protect the insured, and 'Obamacare' IS NOT THE ANSWER. The glut of new enrollees into the marketplaces seems to have fueled the fires of greed at some of these companies, many of whom were licking their proverbial chops at the feeding frenzy ahead, but who were ill-equipped to handle the up-tick in enrollments.

I believe that all Americans should receive affordable health care, but the way things are being run in the industry these days it seems like its the weasels who are tending the hen houses.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with customer service reps who genuinely tried to help and stated that there is a room for improvement of refusal to accept contractual obligations. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of coventry health care insurance. Coventry Health Care needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned coventry health care insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Coventry Health Care.

Had an Experience with Coventry Health Care?

Comments