Insurance Plans Acceptance

I was told today by a Coventry reviewer today that her medical director "did not like approving patient's for acute rehab". This was regarding someone who was completely independent prior to having a stroke.

I mentioned to this Coventry reviewer that this was a benefit that was offered to this patient under Medicare as Coventry is a Medicare provider. She said that the patient was "85 years old" which I assume meant that although they offer insurance for individuals who are 65 and older, it doesn't apply to this poor man who needs as much help as he can get. In turn, they will send their member to a nursing home where they are 3-4 times more likely to return to the hospital in association with their stroke rather than send them where they will receive the care they need. Money talks.

Dr Beigleman is their medical director in case you were wondering. I wonder is he would send his mom to a nursing home.

Product or Service Mentioned: Coventry Health Care Customer Care.

I didn't like: Denise, Ignorant staff.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 28, 2016.

Comments

Auburndale, Florida, United States #1223550

If you need an Advocate to help you with this case, please let me know. I worked for Coventry and know what to do to help.

to Anonymous #1237617

I have a similar prom with my mother as well need some help