Insurance Plans Acceptance

I was told today by a Coventry reviewer today that her medical director "did not like approving patient's for acute rehab". This was regarding someone who was completely independent prior to having a stroke.

I mentioned to this Coventry reviewer that this was a benefit that was offered to this patient under Medicare as Coventry is a Medicare provider. She said that the patient was "85 years old" which I assume meant that although they offer insurance for individuals who are 65 and older, it doesn't apply to this poor man who needs as much help as he can get. In turn, they will send their member to a nursing home where they are 3-4 times more likely to return to the hospital in association with their stroke rather than send them where they will receive the care they need. Money talks.

Dr Beigleman is their medical director in case you were wondering. I wonder is he would send his mom to a nursing home.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Coventry Health Care. The most disappointing about coventry health care customer care at Coventry Health Care was denise and ignorant staff Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Coventry Health Care.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Coventry Health Care to other companies on our site.

Comments

Auburndale, Florida, United States #1223550

If you need an Advocate to help you with this case, please let me know. I worked for Coventry and know what to do to help.

to Anonymous #1237617

I have a similar prom with my mother as well need some help