Additional Fees

Update by user Apr 06, 2015

OMG.After writing this review and seeing another review stating that Coventry One Healthcare has a very poor rating with the better business bureau in Wash.

DC. I decided to look them up on the North Carolina BBB Website.

They have a D- rating with 317 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 223 closed in last 12 months.How are these guys even in business and not shut down by the government?

Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2015

I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions.

First instance.

They refused to pay for my Epipen prescription. I called them and they claim they don't cover certain prescriptions and that is one of them. WHAT INS COMPANY ADVERTISES THEY PAY PRESCRIPTIONS AND THEN DENIES THEM WHEN YOU NEED ONE?

Second instance: Took my daughter to her regular doctor when she had the flu.

They told me Coventry One was not in their network so my copay would be $50 instead of $15. Hmm. funny, I looked up my doctor when applying for the plan and found my doctor on the in network list. Oh well, my daughter was very ill so I told them to bill me for the $50.

Instead I got a bill for $274. The full cost of the doctor visit. Coventry denied the claim. Now I have to call them and fight for to get the coverage I am paying for.

I pay the equivalent of a second mortgage for this health Insurance for my family. $945 a month. They should cover everything, yet instead they are falsely advertising and covering nothing. Only 3 months with these crooks and I have decided to cancel before they get another dime from me.

$3000 down the drain. I would rather pay the government the penalty at the end of year for having no coverage. Why should I put myself in the poor house paying for outrageous insurance premiums AND be forced to pay my entire medical bills. What a crock.

I can't believe our government is letting insurance companies get away with scamming the general public like this.Unbelievable.

klayburn wrote the review because of not as described at Coventry Health Care and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $3000 and wants Coventry Health Care to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was being scammed, poor website, poor customer service and red tape. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Coventry Health Care and coventry health care health plan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Coventry Health Care?

Comments

I have had coventry for 5 years pay 600 dollars a month for the first time really needing it.I have bills racking up the won't pay..

only three months into to my claims now they are sending me into collection. I have been paying on these bills. I'm very upset they are a fraud I could have paid for my procedures up front what I have paid conventry.

Very irratated and disappointed..

coventry is no good i have it and i am going to get off of it as soon as possible yes co payment is 15 dollars, but if they do blood work they bill you for it, also radiology, cardio, cancer doctor they all have high co payments which i cant even afford that is so crazy, what is this world becoming..