Coventry Health Care - False Advertising. Coventry HC of NC is a Scam and Does NOT pay claims nor do they pay for prescriptions.
Update added by user Apr 06, 2015
OMG.After writing this review and seeing another review stating that Coventry One Healthcare has a very poor rating with the better business bureau in Wash.
DC. I decided to look them up on the North Carolina BBB Website.
They have a D- rating with 317 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 223 closed in last 12 months.How are these guys even in business and not shut down by the government?
Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2015
I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions.
They refused to pay for my Epipen prescription. I called them and they claim they don't cover certain prescriptions and that is one of them. WHAT INS COMPANY ADVERTISES THEY PAY PRESCRIPTIONS AND THEN DENIES THEM WHEN YOU NEED ONE?
Second instance: Took my daughter to her regular doctor when she had the flu.
They told me Coventry One was not in their network so my copay would be $50 instead of $15. Hmm. funny, I looked up my doctor when applying for the plan and found my doctor on the in network list. Oh well, my daughter was very ill so I told them to bill me for the $50.
Instead I got a bill for $274. The full cost of the doctor visit. Coventry denied the claim. Now I have to call them and fight for to get the coverage I am paying for.
I pay the equivalent of a second mortgage for this health Insurance for my family. $945 a month. They should cover everything, yet instead they are falsely advertising and covering nothing. Only 3 months with these crooks and I have decided to cancel before they get another dime from me.
$3000 down the drain. I would rather pay the government the penalty at the end of year for having no coverage. Why should I put myself in the poor house paying for outrageous insurance premiums AND be forced to pay my entire medical bills. What a crock.
I can't believe our government is letting insurance companies get away with scamming the general public like this.Unbelievable.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being scammed
- Poor website
- Poor customer service
- Red tape
- Lack of transparency
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Insurance Coverage
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..."
- "When i filed my claim with the state farm agent, i explained the situation i was having on my property. At the time i contact the agent we were having water..."
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."