Coventry Health Care - False Advertising. Coventry HC of NC is a Scam and Does NOT pay claims nor do they pay for prescriptions.
Update added by user Apr 06, 2015
OMG.After writing this review and seeing another review stating that Coventry One Healthcare has a very poor rating with the better business bureau in Wash.
DC. I decided to look them up on the North Carolina BBB Website.
They have a D- rating with 317 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 223 closed in last 12 months.How are these guys even in business and not shut down by the government?
Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2015
I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions.
They refused to pay for my Epipen prescription. I called them and they claim they don't cover certain prescriptions and that is one of them. WHAT INS COMPANY ADVERTISES THEY PAY PRESCRIPTIONS AND THEN DENIES THEM WHEN YOU NEED ONE?
Second instance: Took my daughter to her regular doctor when she had the flu.
They told me Coventry One was not in their network so my copay would be $50 instead of $15. Hmm. funny, I looked up my doctor when applying for the plan and found my doctor on the in network list. Oh well, my daughter was very ill so I told them to bill me for the $50.
Instead I got a bill for $274. The full cost of the doctor visit. Coventry denied the claim. Now I have to call them and fight for to get the coverage I am paying for.
I pay the equivalent of a second mortgage for this health Insurance for my family. $945 a month. They should cover everything, yet instead they are falsely advertising and covering nothing. Only 3 months with these crooks and I have decided to cancel before they get another dime from me.
$3000 down the drain. I would rather pay the government the penalty at the end of year for having no coverage. Why should I put myself in the poor house paying for outrageous insurance premiums AND be forced to pay my entire medical bills. What a crock.
I can't believe our government is letting insurance companies get away with scamming the general public like this.Unbelievable.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being scammed
- Poor website
- Poor customer service
- Red tape
- Lack of transparency
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Insurance Coverage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Back on September 9, 2015 I was hit head on by a gecio insurance customer. Here it is 11 months later my medical bills haven't been paid, my..."
- "I received a letter dated August 27, 2014, from CoventryOne. They said my policy would end December 31, 2014 and it could not be renewed. I contacted my..."
- "I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."