Coventry Health Care - False Advertising. Coventry HC of NC is a Scam and Does NOT pay claims nor do they pay for prescriptions.
Update added by user Apr 06, 2015
OMG.After writing this review and seeing another review stating that Coventry One Healthcare has a very poor rating with the better business bureau in Wash.
DC. I decided to look them up on the North Carolina BBB Website.
They have a D- rating with 317 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 223 closed in last 12 months.How are these guys even in business and not shut down by the government?
Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2015
I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions.
They refused to pay for my Epipen prescription. I called them and they claim they don't cover certain prescriptions and that is one of them. WHAT INS COMPANY ADVERTISES THEY PAY PRESCRIPTIONS AND THEN DENIES THEM WHEN YOU NEED ONE?
Second instance: Took my daughter to her regular doctor when she had the flu.
They told me Coventry One was not in their network so my copay would be $50 instead of $15. Hmm. funny, I looked up my doctor when applying for the plan and found my doctor on the in network list. Oh well, my daughter was very ill so I told them to bill me for the $50.
Instead I got a bill for $274. The full cost of the doctor visit. Coventry denied the claim. Now I have to call them and fight for to get the coverage I am paying for.
I pay the equivalent of a second mortgage for this health Insurance for my family. $945 a month. They should cover everything, yet instead they are falsely advertising and covering nothing. Only 3 months with these crooks and I have decided to cancel before they get another dime from me.
$3000 down the drain. I would rather pay the government the penalty at the end of year for having no coverage. Why should I put myself in the poor house paying for outrageous insurance premiums AND be forced to pay my entire medical bills. What a crock.
I can't believe our government is letting insurance companies get away with scamming the general public like this.Unbelievable.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being scammed
- Poor website
- Poor customer service
- Red tape
- Lack of transparency
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Insurance Coverage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I recently found out that one of Statefarm's so -called agents is having inappropriate discussions, texts with my husband. When I found this out I immediately go to the office..."
- "When i filed my claim with the state farm agent, i explained the situation i was having on my property. At the time i contact the agent we were having water..."
- "There are many great places to work in the insurance industry but Bankers Life isn't one of them! If you have a soul, compassion and the desire to provide value..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."