Coventry Health Care - False Advertising. Coventry HC of NC is a Scam and Does NOT pay claims nor do they pay for prescriptions.

Update added by user Apr 06, 2015

OMG.After writing this review and seeing another review stating that Coventry One Healthcare has a very poor rating with the better business bureau in Wash.

DC. I decided to look them up on the North Carolina BBB Website.

They have a D- rating with 317 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 223 closed in last 12 months.How are these guys even in business and not shut down by the government?

Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2015

I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions.

First instance.

They refused to pay for my Epipen prescription. I called them and they claim they don't cover certain prescriptions and that is one of them. WHAT INS COMPANY ADVERTISES THEY PAY PRESCRIPTIONS AND THEN DENIES THEM WHEN YOU NEED ONE?

Second instance: Took my daughter to her regular doctor when she had the flu.

They told me Coventry One was not in their network so my copay would be $50 instead of $15. Hmm. funny, I looked up my doctor when applying for the plan and found my doctor on the in network list. Oh well, my daughter was very ill so I told them to bill me for the $50.

Instead I got a bill for $274. The full cost of the doctor visit. Coventry denied the claim. Now I have to call them and fight for to get the coverage I am paying for.

I pay the equivalent of a second mortgage for this health Insurance for my family. $945 a month. They should cover everything, yet instead they are falsely advertising and covering nothing. Only 3 months with these crooks and I have decided to cancel before they get another dime from me.

$3000 down the drain. I would rather pay the government the penalty at the end of year for having no coverage. Why should I put myself in the poor house paying for outrageous insurance premiums AND be forced to pay my entire medical bills. What a crock.

I can't believe our government is letting insurance companies get away with scamming the general public like this.Unbelievable.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Insurance Coverage
Review category
review #618578 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Coventry Health Care? Submit review ›
Helpful? 10 Yes 10 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 04 #1088851

I have had coventry for 5 years pay 600 dollars a month for the first time really needing it. I have bills racking up the won't pay.. only three months into to my claims now they are sending me into collection. I have been paying on these bills. I'm very upset they are a fraud I could have paid for my procedures up front what I have paid conventry. Very irratated and disappointed. .

0 0 Reply

Sep 15, 2015 #1034243

coventry is no good i have it and i am going to get off of it as soon as possible yes co payment is 15 dollars, but if they do blood work they bill you for it, also radiology, cardio, cancer doctor they all have high co payments which i cant even afford that is so crazy, what is this world becoming..

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.